Polyfluorinated compounds (PFCs) such as PFOS (perfluorooctanesulfonic acid) and PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid) are man-made fluorosurfactants. Due to their widespread industrial use and chemical stability, they have become ubiquitous in the natural environment. Exposure to PFCs has been linked to cancer, endocrine disruption and developmental delays.
The method described in this application achieves high reproducible recoveries for a number of common PFCs in water, using an optimized weak anion exchange SPE procedure with EVOLUTE® EXPRESS WAX SPE columns.
EVOLUTE EXPRESS SPE products dramatically improve flow characteristics, and enhance sample preparation productivity providing clean, robust, sample preparation.
Download the Application Note Below »
- Perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA)
- Perfluoroheptanoic acid (PFHpA)
- Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)
- Perfluorononanoic acid (PFNA)
- Perfluorodecanoic acid (PFDA)
- Perfluorobutanesulfonic acid (PFBuS)
- Perfluorohexanesulfonic acid (PFHxS)
- Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS)