Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are now recruiting an Account Manager to support the business development team in the UK (South), covering Wales and the South of England. The Account Manager will be an instrumental part of our team in selling our market leading products to our customers in major pharmaceutical, biotech, academia and public sector organisations. The successful candidate should have a strong commercial background and will be responsible for the development of their territory and business, in line with company and regional goals and objectives.
The UK team comprises three Account Managers and belongs to EU Commercial Operations - a Sales and Service team within Europe.
- Full sales responsibility for Instrument and accessories in defined territory. Products include Initiators, Isolera, Peptide Synthesis Instruments and V-10 Evaporators.
- Responsible for hands-on demonstration of instruments and related products to demonstrate business value and product differentiation.
- Responsible for the effective management and maintenance of demonstration resources.
- Responsible for ensuring customers are trained to use their Biotage products.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new customers.
- Responsible for providing accurate sales forecasts.
- Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales.
- Responsible for lead qualification, systematic opportunity management and comprehensive documentation of activity and opportunity status via the company’s CRM platform (Salesforce.com).
- Responsible for generating quotes and negotiating prices.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time effectively with strong organisation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and CRM software (Salesforce.com).
- Ability to work within a team.
Education and Experience
- A minimum BSc or equivalent in a relevant life science area, preferably Chemistry.
- Previous experience of working within a commercial / sales orientated environment.
- Previous experience of working in a Chemistry lab would be an advantage.
- Field based position working at customer sites and in chemistry laboratories.
- The role will be field based for 3-4 days per week, directly interfacing with customers.
- Overnight travel as required.
- The successful candidate will be able to lift and carry the products to customer demonstrations in accordance with the Company Health and Safety requirements.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team; in return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your CV and covering letter here no later than October 7th.